Since 1949 Fedhasa has been representing the South African Hospitality Industry on a local, provincial, national and global level to protect the interests of all stakeholders of the industry, thereby enabling members to achieve their objectives.
As per its website www.fedhasa.co.za, please see the below extract for members benefits:
- It is the ONLY official VOICE and lobbying body (watchdog) for the hospitality industry, recognised by Government (since 1949) – Private Sector’s Voice for the Industry!
- FEDHASA is also non-profit organisation (Section 21 Company), looking after the interests of our members and always putting our members 1st!
- FEDHASA operates as a Trade Association, lobbying on your behalf and negotiating tangible benefits AND as an Employers’ Body, giving the employers direct representation (and saving you thousands) at CCMA level.
- Keeping you ahead of the rest with Legislative updates and Telephonic Advice and also through our daily updated ‘Hospitality Headline News’&‘ FEDHASA Headline News‘ on: www.fedhasa.co.za.
- Negotiates various tangible benefits for its members on a regular basis:
- Discounts on SABC TV License fees – less 25
- Credit Card Discounts, Special Rental on machines, group schemes & financial assistance (via ABSA)
- Special industry specific packages on short term insurance, etc
- Complimentary copy of the bi-monthly Hospitality Magazine and discounted advertising rates (-15%)
- Member-to-Member Discounts & Access to industry Suppliers & Service Providers
- Networking Opportunities and sharing of information at our hospitality days, golf days, networking events, etc.
- Access to other important industry links and information, also representation on behalf of our members on these industry forums and Government Departments.
- Our recent re-structuring, as 3 autonomous regions under the FEDHASA national umbrella, brought us to New heights in private sector negotiations and representation, such as direct representation on:
- TOMSA Board (Tourism Marketing SA)
- Tourism Grading Council of S.A. (TGCSA)
- Also liaising with MATCH, the official FIFA accredited company for accommodation & ticket sales for 2010; also working on connecting smaller accommodation establishments to be part of 2010
- Representative on the main Board of Hospitality Sport Education & Training Authority (THETA)
- Representation on Tourism BEE Charter Council
- Dept. of Environmental Affairs & Tourism (DEAT), Dept. of Labour (DoL), Dept. of Water Affairs & Forestry (DWAF), South African Tourism (SAT), Tourism Business Council of S.A. (TBCSA), custodian of the Imvelo Awards (for Responsible Tourism), etc.
- Regular Communication and updates via e-mail; monthly legislative updates, website, hospitality days, etc.
FEDHASA can be contacted on Tel: 0861 333 4272 / E-mail: email@example.com